Liebster Award and a few interesting Qs & As
Thank you Aseem Rastogi of Transition of Thoughts for conferring this Award on me. Sorry for being so late, but better late than never, eh? 🙂
No, it’s not a lobster given to me because I lie! 😐
Liebster is German for dearest,sweetest, pleasantest, etc. *beams*
The rules are very similar to the Elevenses tag that I have done earlier on my blog :
1. Thank the people who have nominated you for this one and post a link to their blog
2. Display the award in your blog by including it as an image in the post or a widget
3. Answer the 11 questions given to you by the one who nominated you
4. Nominate 11 deserving bloggers (those who have less than 1000 followers)
5. Create a new list of questions for the bloggers to answer
6. Once they have been tagged, keep them informed about the same and also provide a link to the post
I do not have any fresh blogger to nominate. It reminds me I have not kept up with the recent flock of budding bloggers for quite a few years.
Please do not hesitate to pick up this Award from me, for yourself, if you land here and fit the criteria above. The questions that I want you to answer, are here. Do leave a link in the comments, so that we can hop over to read your interesting take on them.
Moving on to the absolutely stunning questions, which made me stop and take ‘jayza’ of my current self :
1. What product (eg: a book, pen, paper etc.) would you associate your personality to and why?
I associate myself with a box of crayons. My soul takes on the colours of one of the crayons according to my moods and mindset, on a day. And mind you, ‘blue’ for me is more a colour of tranquility than of melancholy.
2. What’s the craziest thing you have done at school? Or were you a very nice and sweet little child? 😉
I used to feed goats with leaves of Eucalyptus trees in PT periods and lunch intervals. I broke the spokes of the bicycle of a boy from our class in front of him, because he was supposedly bullying my friend and not letting her take out her cycle from the stands. Turns out, it was the other guy who was the actual bully, of the two guys there. 😐 I apologized later.
Lastly, I wrote an entire children’s novel in 8th standard. And the whole school, including the teachers, followed my work! That is perhaps the craziest thing…the list is endless though…
3. Describe the feeling of blogging in one word?
4. If you were packed off to Tristan Da Cunha (famous as the loneliest island in the world), who would you prefer to be with? Or would you be alone? And why?
Well, I suppose I’ll have to go with Abhijeet. I’d like to take a pet cat with me.
5. What is the best and the worst thing you have heard about your blog?
Best thing :
Here’s a true incident. I stumbled on a foreign writer’s blog. I wrote to her in reply to her poem, in the comments section : a poem based on hers. I also posted a link of one of my tags for her to look at. Next day, I found that it was deleted! I wrote to her again. She said to me that she doesn’t accept Awards and wouldn’t have me spamming her blog. I had indeed overlooked her policy, and hence, I apologised. Later, I posted the version that I remembered on my own blog. She said it was nice. I migrated my blog a few months later. She must have seen it in her trackbacks, came there, and posted the most amazing comment. Ofcourse, she did not recognise that the poem was posted previously on my other blog also. Have a look. Do visit her poem too, it has the conversation about the comments. I still love her writing 🙂
Worst thing :
I don’t remember a single bad thing…though at home, if I am writing a blog, they do shout at me to get up and do ‘something actually worthwhile’. But that’s not about my blog, that’s about me being lazy 🙂
6. Life as a bed of roses or life full of obstacles, you prefer? (The middle ground is not an option ;))
Bed of roses, of course. *dreams of being a Disney princess in a castle*
7. Any specific book / movie which has shaped the journey of your life?
‘Towards the silver crests of Himalayas’ and ‘Why am I an atheist’. I read the latter first(in 10th) and was flabbergasted that if there is really no God, how would I survive on my own? I read the former in 1st year of Engineering, and it cleared a lot of doubts in my head. It made a rational believer out of me.
8. If you have just been announced as the winner of ‘Who Wants to Be a Millionaire’, what would you do with the money?
Keep a fair amount aside for shopping/travelling immediately, and entrust the rest to husband’s care. He would know how to invest it.
9. What’s that one dream which if fulfilled will give a new meaning to your life?
If I get published by a noted publishing house, it would give me the confidence to write my life away. Because that is what I want to do with my life.
10. What is the most exciting thing you have ever done (or you want to do)?
I want to build a tree-house by myself (since I was a kid). As a kid,I have spent days on end devising a strategy to use neem tree twigs to build a hut. If I get to build it with children of my own, that’d be the most exciting thing.
11. Are you an optimist or a pessimist?
I am a perennial optimist. Though I can be cynical at times…
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)