K M Weiland is an author whom I follow since 2010. She has started a Goodreads Reading Challenge for reading 100 books in 2016, with a draw for few lucky winners. Winning aside, I am keen on taking up this challenge because 2016 has been declared as The year of Reading in the UAE.
All signs are telling me to make the most of it.
Here’s the break down of how I plan to read :
The first 10 books without a specific deadline are :
1. STALEMATE by Icchokas Meras (1963, English Edition 2005)
2. MASTER PRIM by James Whitfield Ellison (1968)
3. LOS VORACES, 2019: A Chess Novel by Andy Soltis (McFarland, 2003)
4. THE QUEEN’S GAMBIT: A NOVEL, by Walter Tevis (Vintage, 2003)
5. THE ROYAL GAME (A Novella, the original German title was: Schachnovelle) by Stefan Zweig (1942)
6. Birth of the Chess Queen: A History by Yalom, Marilyn
7. Jaws by Peter Benchley
8. To the lighthouse by Virginia Woolf
9. Dear Theo by Vincent Van Gogh
10. Gone girl by Gillian Flynn
Wish me luck and keep a tab on Goodreads!