Half of 2016 is over. (according to me)
There have been a lot of changes since January 2016 in my life. We came back to India.
This is what I wrote in January – the things I am excited about :
Did not finish. But learned enough.
- Starting my own software development team, which I aim to make into a service-based startup. And eventually a product-based company. It’s called The Mavericks.
Licensing under process. Website up.
- The prospect of learning ice skating basics.
Since we came back to India, the plan stands cancelled. I am continuing learning Air Pistol Shooting instead.
- Writing my fashion blog The Damsel in.
4 posts written. Should write more.
- Planning a vacation in May. As a new year present, the hubby’s got me a planner notebook for 50 places I want to visit.}:)
Planned a wonderful vacation in Himachal Pradesh and made lifetime memories in the picturesque DevBhoomi.
- Reading 100 books this year, of which I am on the verge of completing the first.
Lagging behind, but reading regularly. Print and eBooks both.13 done.
- My recipe being published in Photoawardme calendar, sponsored by Jamie magazine, for the GCC region. And me being inspired enough to take up cooking on a regular basis. Psst…learning to bake a cake and muffins is in the offing.
Haven’t started baking. Long way to go. It has taken a backseat for the moment.
- Running a fun run at the Dubai marathon.
I did run and completed 5K.
- Getting to watch the finale of Downton Abbey soon.
- The prospect of turning into an amateur fashion designer. No kidding! I get visions of the garments I wanna make, like Jenna does in The Waitress.
I am learning to draw. I can’t put my designs on paper unless I know how to draw.
About the New Year Resolutions :
1. Pursue a sport. Shooting
2. Start coding again. Taking on-off courses.
3. Write without the fear of your inner editor. Wrote a letter to the editor. Have to write now.
4. Learn baking. This won’t happen soon.
5. Prepare a virtual travelogue. Should work on this.
6. Read 100 books. Reading continuously.
7. Draw the fashion designs in your head. Learn to draw, if need be. Learning to draw on thevirtualinstructor.com.
8. Start video blogging/podcasting. Recorded a short video in Manali.
9. Love your blog(s). Let it show. Needs work.
10. Be your own mentor in all walks of life. Failing terribly. Need to take myself seriously.