When people ask me why don’t they see me blog these days, how is my novel coming along, how’s writing in general, sometimes I say it has taken a backseat and at other times – I have a writer’s block. In my context, writer’s block is not applicable at all, because, truth to be said – I don’t try to write these days.
Last year, when I left my day job, I had elaborate writing plans.
Why don’t I write and blame it on writer’s block :
- I keep avoiding writing because of procrastination.
- I do not have a writing time. I am thinking of starting regular writing in the morning hours.
- I set very high standards for myself. The result is, I keep churning more ordinary stuff. Though someone has rightly said, there is more extraordinary in the ordinary than the one trying to appear extraordinary. That someone is me. At least I agree with me on something.
- The more I read, the more I am convinced that I will never write an authentic draft.
- I don’t have a peer writer’s circle, so to speak. It is true that I follow wonderful bloggers who happen to be amazing writers, but I do not seek active feedback from them. Why? Because I DO NOT WRITE!
- I should stop thinking of writing as a task and write for the love of the written word.
I leave you with these incomplete thoughts…