I played my first MAWC (in 10m Air Pistol) organised by the Maharashtra Rifle Association (MRA) this Saturday.
I learned shooting for 3 months last year. This June, I continued from where I had left.
As a novice, it was very difficult to find information about how to go about the match on the internet. Hence, I log my takeaways here for any shooter to find.
- The match is total 1.30 hrs, with sighting time. Make sure you reach at least an hour and a half beforehand.
- Take permissions for the smallest of things like changing cylinders. The range officers are very cooperative and will guide you throughout. However, this means that they will be strict too if you disobey the range/safety rules.
- Take care of hydration and make sure you eat before the match.
- It is totally easy to hit straight 10s if you calibrate your pistol right.
- Try to fill cylinders beforehand from the range you practice on, because there may or may not be availability of air pressure in the cylinders at the MRA.
If you have questions, please feel free to ask in the comments. Happy shooting!